Audio Production SAN
Applications, Sharing, Security
Overview | Applications, Sharing, Security | Support
SAN Solutions’ Audio Production SAN environments fully support all professional audio applications on any platform, including:
Depending on the application set, file sharing across the Audio Production SAN is accomplished in either of two ways:
The volume-lock methodology enables users to read each other’s media but allows only one user write on any given drive volume.
Use of a distributed file system enables users to read each other’s media but allows only one user to write on any given folder.
All SAN Solutions Audio Production SAN environments are cross-platform in that they seamlessly support any major operating system – including Apple, Windows, and Linux – in any workstation/server combination.
Centralized management tools simplify complex storage management tasks, such as dynamic provisioning of storage for new projects and archiving of projects to removable media. These tools reduce the potential for error in handling multiple simultaneous projects.
SANs are inherently more secure than their LAN-sharing, NAS-attached, server-based counterparts in that the media only exists in one location: on the SAN. All users stream media assets from central storage and write back to the same central location. This workflow represents a much more efficient use of drive space and, retaining only one copy of each asset, simplifies the tracking of data movement.
Dynamic job provisioning allows media managers to assign project-based access privileges to individuals or groups associated with a specific client. Multiple clients can be managed on the same system to create facilitywide job provisioning. This model also allows for options such as tape backup and secure movement of projects onto and off of the SAN.
- Non-disruptive storage provisioning
- Meets any performance and capacity requirement
- Supports Pro Tools, Nuendo, Pyramix, and more
- Features cross-platform support for Apple OS, Windows, and Linux
- Provides centralized, secure streaming environment
- Supports all sample rates at highest track counts
- Offers creative ﬂexibility through shared environment
- Features three-year standard support, with automatic call-home repair
For many years, SAN Solutions’ Audio
Production SAN environments have been
in daily operation at world-class facilities
- Lucasﬁlm’s Skywalker Sound
- Florida State University Film School
- Saturday Night Live
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
- Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien
- The Jay Leno Show